Monday, June 7, 2010

busy times!

I apologise MUCHLY for the lack of blogging this past week. (I don't really think muchly works in this sentence but it's a cool word. Also, just look at it for a while. Doesn't it look weird?!)

I was on work experience last week and it was absolutely fantastic! I had so much fun, but I was really tired in the evenings so couldn't blog.

I have finished Looking for Alaska (actually I finished it ages ago...) and two more books after that! I had a lot of time on public transport to fill in, and I'd finished Alaska before work experience so I actually got through The Elegance of the Hedgehog and Dreaming of Amelia last week, plus another book that I read at work experience that I may talk about on here, or may not.

Actually, I think I will. It was interesting. Anyway, that book was Stolen by Lucy Christopher.

So anyway, I have a lot of catching up to do, and I hope to have caught up by the end of this week. My next book is Wuthering Heights so I don't think I'll be starting that for a while as I am not very motivated to do so having heard it is a hard read.

On the plus side, I'm now ahead in my reading! YAY!

NOTE REGARDING EMAILING JOHN GREEN

I found this on his new website:

I do not respond to emails. There are many reasons for this, but the main one is that I like all of the people who email me equally, and I feel like it is totally unfair to reply to some of them and totally impossible to reply to all of them. Also, I want to spend as much of my writing time as possible writing books. (Well, or tweeting.) Furthermore, babies are time-consuming. That said, I read every word of every email I receive.

Sad, hey? Though I do understand. He's heaps more popular than most authors because of his YouTube involvement so he must get a whole heap of emails. Mine would be read, I guess, but what's the point of asking questions that will never be answered?

That said, I commented on the FAQ page of his site, which you can find here (and check out my comment, I'm 'Liz', believe it or not!) but I don't recommend actually READING the questions on that page, as they are all about Looking for Alaska and I don't want to spoil it for you if you plan on reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment