Sunday, July 11, 2010

home and time to read!

I just got back from a lovely family holiday down south, which was lots of fun.

I was reading Wuthering Heights down there, and I'm actually really liking it! I heard from some of my friends that it wasn't that much fun to read, but I'm really quite enjoying it.

It's very different to the last book I read (An Abundance of Katherines) but I think that's a good thing. Also, I haven't really heard from any of you yet whether you think I can count Katherines as a book. So, what do you think? If I get no objections within the next two days it's getting reviewed.

After Wuthering Heights I was planning on reading The Piper's Son, but I have to read Lord of the Flies before next Tuesday, so I may have to switch the order, which is sad. But hopefully I'll be able to finish Wuthering Heights very soon and then read both before next Tuesday.

Keep commenting, and tell your friends about this blog! I love hearing from you :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lizzie,

    Very cool blog and idea. I hope that it is going well.

    I have a suggestion for you to read. 'The Phoenix Files' by Chris Morphew. It is a series for early teens (so you will be able to read it in no time at all). The 1st one is 'Arrival' the 2nd 'Contact' and the 3rd is coming out in August 'Mutation'.

    The reason I think you should read one of them is because the author reminds me a little of you. He lives in Sydney, he is a Christian and he has been writing books and had them published and he is only in his early 20's. This could be you in 5 yrs!

    Anyway, I hope that is a helpful suggestion. Say hi to Ally and your parents for me and for what it is worth I say feel free to read another John Green book.

    Kez

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wuthering Heights!! It can be an unusual read at times, but totally worth it!! Can't wait to read your review, hope you enjoy it <3

    ReplyDelete