Friday, July 2, 2010

cheating?

Sorry about the lack of blogging at the moment, I'm on holidays but I still don't seem to have a lot of spare time! I log on to blogger almost everyday and sometimes I start to write an entry but most of the time I realise that, really, I have nothing much to say.

I have started Wuthering Heights, but, if I'm going to be honest, I've barely read any of it. I've been a bit distracted by the fact that this week, a book my dad ordered for me through Amazon from America, arrived in the post.

It's An Abundance of Katherines, by John Green, who you may remember wrote Looking for Alaska. This book isn't available in Australia, which is a shame because I'm really really really enjoying it, even though I feel slightly guilty for reading it when I know I really should be reading Wuthering Heights.

So I have to ask you, my readers, something: do you consider it cheating if I read another book by the same author and then include it on my blog? I thought at the beginning I wouldn't do that but I'm kind of getting behind and this book is REALLY REALLY good, so I need your opinions. What do you think? Tell me in the comments.

Also, I have to read Lord of the Flies these holidays for school, so it's going away with me next week when my family goes on holidays. I'm taking Lord of the Flies and Wuthering Heights and possibly one more book too, maybe 1984 (George Orwell) or The Piper's Son (Melina Marchetta)? I actually have to GET The Piper's Son if I want to take it.

And I'm going to read To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee after those three, so keep checking back to see what I think of all those books. I promise to blog more regularly soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment