Thursday, March 18, 2010

the plan...

Welcome to twenty-six stories. My name is Liz.

I'm a teenage girl. So I go to school, like so many of us do. At my school, there is an enrichment program called PIP that you get nominated to do. Basically we get to make up our own projects about, well, pretty much whatever we want.

For some examples... the first year I did PIP I wrote a novel. The second year I recorded a CD of songs I'd written.

This year, I want to do something incorporating the internet. I really like the internet, and I think it's a really great tool. So, what I'm going to do is this: in the six months from May 1st to October 31st, I'm going to read 26 books. That's basically a book a week.

AND here is where I'm going to blog about it! I already read a lot, but this will be even harder for me, particularly in busy times. Basically for every book I read I'll put up an official book review. And I'll try and blog lots about how the reading is fitting into my life as well. I'll try and make it interesting by (hopefully) putting up videos, podcasts, photos and more.

But I don't want this to be a one-way thing. I want you to comment lots on what I'm doing. I want book suggestions, your opinions on books and more. So please comment on what I'm doing, that would be really awesome. Oh, and to make it REALLY interesting, I'm going to have themes. So maybe I'll read three books from the nineteenth century, and two books with colours in the title... you get the idea. So help me think of themes!

OK, well the actually challenge is starting May 1st, but I'd love some book suggestions before then! I'll try and post a list of the first few before that date.

Hope you enjoy this blog! It should be fun!

Liz.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Liz :)
    How about The Messenger by Markus Zusak? (If you haven't read it already) - I stayed up til 2.30am in the morning reading it, is was so addictive...also reading Book Thief at the moment, same author...they're so good!!
    Yeah...have fun. From Ness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Liz - Life of Pi, if you haven't read it already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Liz, you have to read Thorough Gates of Splendor by Elisabeth Elliot!

    Joel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what you've already read!! But good luck!
    -Shaz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Liz,

    Id suggest reading Warriors: Into the Wild, by Erin Hunter, its the first of a fairly big series, but on its own its still a great read.

    Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete