Saturday, March 27, 2010

filling in time... i mean, very important survey *cough*... and french

I feel kind of silly for launching this blog so early... Now you all have to wait so long for me to actually start!

So in the meantime, I have decided to do something FUN and INTERESTING.

I have designed a survey to get to know my readers (not so many of you yet but I'm working on it!) So if you would like to, please answer all/selected questions in the comments so I get to see what you like to read, so I know what to read so that you will be interested (amongst other seemingly random questions that will become relevant later on).

  1. What is your favourite book?
  2. What is your favourite genre of book?
  3. If a book was made into a movie, would you rather read the book before you saw the movie or vice versa?
  4. How many books would you read in a month on average?
  5. Do you like series or stand-alone books better?
  6. How many times have you read the Harry Potter books? (haha this is kind of a joke... I'm teasing a friend... but this may become relevant during the project!)
  7. Do you think you'll keep reading twenty-six stories throughout the project based on what you've seen so far?
So answers in the comments, or if I get my email address up soon, you can email, but until then, comments!

Also, keep the book suggestions coming!

I found out what subjects I got selected for in the PIP program this week, and they were English and French. I was hoping to get selected for more than two so I could leave out French if I got selected for that (because French is really hard to incorporate into this idea) but because I only got selected for two I have to incorporate French... which is going to be hard. I have a few ideas about how to incorporate it, and they are as follows:
  1. Mini beginner French lessons once a fortnight (I'm not brilliant yet but I get the basic idea!)
  2. French word and meaning at the end of every post -- try and make it related to the post?
  3. Read books set in France (probably minimum four... that's a lot though...)
  4. ummmmmmm... I'm actually just writing these out as they come to mind... ummmmmmm...
Anyway, that's it. I have no more ideas. If I can't incorporate French I don't know if I can do this project, but I REALLY want to cause I love the idea and I'm very attached to it already... So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give me some more ideas! French doesn't have to be a major part of it, but it does have to feature.

Oh, and just one thing... please don't tell me to read a book in French. I cannot do that yet :)

Comment please! And follow! And tell your friends!
My facebook advertising can only do so much :P

2 comments:

  1. 1. My favourite book is Howl's Moving Castle
    2. My favourite genre is fantasy, I guess... not mcuh non-fiction, anyway!
    3. the movie, and if i like it i'll read the book cause there'll be more content in it. (plus watching a movie for me = 2 hrs, reading = around a month :S)
    4. Although it takes me about a month to read a book, I'm usually reading about three at once, so yeah...
    5. Series are awesome cause they go on for longer and give suspense, which is my fav part of reading
    6. The first 6 harry potter books - 5 or 6 times times :D i lost count... the last one only 3 times tho cause it hasnt been out so long.
    7. Huh?

    Anyway, how about reading some books that are set in france, or originally written in french? The Phantom of the opera book fits into both of those catagories ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Probably Fearless, The Key to Rondo, Falling form Grace or the White Girrafe.
    2. Fantasy (because I feel safe reading something I know can't happen) But I also like stuff that raises awareness about issues in our world (like Parvarna and Shuazia)
    3. Book first... always... :D
    4.1-2 (but often slower if I am reading lots at once (like at the moment I am reading 4-5 books :P))
    5.Both, but especially short series (like the Rondo books, and the White Girrafe books.)
    6. Once through all, and a few times the others (epsecially 2 and 3, because we have them on audio book!!!)
    7. Yes!!! :)

    ReplyDelete