Monday, March 22, 2010

book suggestions, rules of the challenge...

Thank you to those who have already suggested books for me to read... but I've only had a few suggestions and I'm going to need 26 books all up. They all have to be ones I haven't read (so thanks to the person who suggested Life of Pi, but I've already read it :( but I really enjoyed it! sorry!), so please keep suggesting!

I've put together some rules for myself that basically summarise, in a better form, what I said in my last blog. So here they are!
  1. Altogether I must read 26 books. This is averaging one a week, but I do not have to read one a week. Some may take me longer than a week, some may take me less
  2. I may read multiple books at a time, if need be
  3. I must do an official review of every book I read. You'll know when it's the official review cause I'll write the title in ALL CAPS.
  4. I may not read a book I have read before UNLESS I read it more than three years ago and cannot remember it. (I say this cause I have to read To Kill a Mockingbird for school, and although I've already read it I think I'll count it again cause I can't really remember it. If you think this is cheating, please say. I don't want you to think I'm trying to cheat!)
  5. I have to blog regularly about my process, and about the book(s) I am reading. I cannot just say, "oh, BTW, I finished without warning you that I've started it. You must know when I start a book and when I finish it.
THIS IS NOT A RULE, MORE AN EXCITING IDEA: If you want to read along with me (I warn you I'm a fast reader) then feel free! I'd be really happy if you did want to. Or if you just want to read one or two books while I am, that would be cool as well! I'm going to have my 'blog email' up here soon if you want to email me, but until then, just comment it. At the moment I read all the comments before they go up, so your comment will definitely get seen.

Keep suggesting books! Get ready for May 1st! Mark it in your diaries! (It's in mine...)


2 comments:

  1. Does this start next Thursday? I can see it's the first of something... Reminds me of Julie and Julia!! Good luck!
    *follows blog*
    oh, by the way, I'm shaz haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the project starts on may the first, mark it in your diary! hehe :) thanks so much for following!

    ReplyDelete