Wednesday, October 6, 2010

the home stretch

So, crazy times, hey people!

I have to read ten books in the next 25 days. For those of you who were wondering, that is a book every two and a half days. TEN BOOKS.

I am freaking out a little, you may have noticed. I wouldn't be, normally, but my yearly exams go from October 18-22, meaning that although I get to leave school when I don't have exams, I have a lot of studying to do particularly next week when I still won't get home till nearly four o'clock.

So I have decided that I need to read more often. Basically, no facebook for me until I've read a chapter of the book I'm reading. No YouTube until I've read a chapter. No replying to that text until I've read three pages (or finished the chapter if I'm reading at the time). For the next five books, this rule applys. Also, I'm blogging everyday (or at least trying to) until I finish. I want to try and get to MINIMUM sixty posts before I finish.

I know I haven't had the best time management during this project, but that is one of the things that has made it fun. I've loved reading so many new books, and not just reading them but thinking about them. I've discovered some new favourites and also some new... not-favourites (*cough cough* Lord of the Flies *cough cough*)

Anyway, I really must go. I am reading A Company of Swans by Eva Ibbotson at the moment (a suggestion by my lovely little sister, who adores ballet) and it is actually quite good. It's a historical romance, not just another book about a little girl who makes it to the top with her amazing dancing skills, overcoming challenges and wowing everyone on her way.

Well, so far it isn't. I haven't read that much yet.

Keep suggesting, particularly nice short, easy, but good-quality reads.

No comments:

Post a Comment